With more devices to power and connect than ever before, there is a battle underway on our desktops. Smartphones, tablets, laptops, headphones and smart speakers, and the cables that come with them, are fighting for space with the old standards–PCs, monitors, desktop phones, printers and of course paper. Instead of working around the growing congestion, consider the benefits of a more organized desk and some of the solutions to help accomplish this.
Importance of Work Desk Organization
Doesn't it feel good to have a uncluttered desk? You just feel more productive when everything you need is at your fingertips. The National Association of Professional Organizers estimates that the average person spends one year of their life looking for lost items. An uncluttered desk can help cut down on this waste of time. It also:
- Communicates professionalism
- Improves your mood
- Reduces the stress of clutter
- Makes space for more of the things that bring you joy and serenity (family photos, a plant, artwork)
- Reduces information security risks
- Supports a healthy lifestyle
- Cluttered desks can restrict posture/hamper proper ergonomics
- An uncluttered desk is easier to clean, reducing dust, dirt, germs, bacteria and other contaminants
Tips for Organizing Your Desktop
- Make more space by storing items above and below your desk. Laptop and monitor mounts are great for freeing up valuable desk space.
- Mount desk organization accessories to a wall or clamp them to the side of your desktop.
- Avoid cable spaghetti by consolidating your powering and charging equipment. Added bonus: you won't have to crawl under your desk to find a power outlet!
- Add flexibility with mobile solutions you can move out of the way when you're not using them.
- Ditch the piles of sticky notes and use a personal whiteboard instead.
Desk Organization Accessories
Explore Desk Accessories
DMUDSC: Clamp with a mouse pad and storage for office supplies swivels under a desk.
MBT3-Dock-01: Compact, portable docking station converts DisplayPort, HDMI, USB-A and RJ45 connections into a single USB-C connection.
PSC240410USBB: 4-outlet power strip with USB-A charging mounts to the side or back of a desk.
DMWP811VESAMW and DMWP811VESAMB: Magnetic dry-erase whiteboard with 100 x 100 VESA pattern mounting takes the clutter out of note-taking.
DCPU2: Rolling caddy conveniently secures a CPU under a desk.
MR1208TRAY: Monitor riser with accessory tray.
AVR550U: Wall-mountable UPS system provides AC outlets and power protection for 8 devices.
Click here to explore Tripp Lite desktop organization solutions.