HDBaseT technology has emerged as the the new standard for transmitting signals to digital signs, multimedia classrooms, home theater setups and any other installations that require the highest quality video available. HDBaseT allows you to use a single, inexpensive Cat5e/6/6a cable to transmit multiple signals such as uncompressed HDMI digital video and audio, Ethernet (100BaseT), control (RS-232 serial and IR), and power.
What are the advantages of HDBaseT?
Longer Transmission Distance
- HDBaseT is the standard that can transmit uncompressed Ultra High Definition (UHD) 4K video up to 328 ft.
- HDBaseT solutions can transmit 1080p signals up to 500 ft.
- You can add multiple HDBaseT transceivers to extend UHD 4K signals up to 2,000 ft. and 1080p signals up to 3,000 ft.
- Compatible with all HDMI formats and supports key features, including EDID and HDCP
- Supports UHD 4K and 3D video
- Supports standard audio formats, including Dolby Digital, DTS, Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD-Master Audio
- Supports 100 Mb Ethernet
- Uses a single Cat5e/6/6a cable to transmit multiple signals, reducing cable clutter and streamlining installations
- Supports multiple displays via multi-port transmitters or daisy-chainable transceivers
- Solutions with power functionality require a power source at only one end of the installation, providing flexibility in receiver placement