With more devices to power and connect than ever before, there is a battle underway on our desktops. Smartphones, tablets, laptops and smart speakers, and the cables that come with them, are fighting for space with the old standards–PCs, monitors, desktop phones, printers and of course paper. Instead of working around the growing congestion, consider the benefits of a more organized desk and some of the solutions to help accomplish this.
Click here for new desktop organization solutions from Tripp Lite.
Importance of Workspace Decluttering
The National Association of Professional Organizers estimates that the average person spends one year of their life looking for lost items. An organized desktop can help cut down on this waste of time. It also:
- Communicates professionalism
- Improves your mood
- Reduces the stress of clutter
- Makes space for more of the things that bring you joy and serenity (family photos, a plant, artwork)
- Reduces information security risks
- Supports a healthy lifestyle
- Cluttered desks can restrict posture/hamper proper ergonomics
- An uncluttered desk is easier to clean, reducing dust, dirt, germs, bacteria and other contaminants
Tips for Organizing Your Desktop
- Make more space by storing items above/below your desk.
- Mount accessories to a wall or clamp them to the side.
- Consolidate your powering and charging equipment.
- Add flexibility with mobile solutions.
- Ditch the piles of sticky notes.
Tripp Lite’s Workspace Organization Solutions
DMUDSC: Clamp with a mouse pad and storage for office supplies swivels under a desk.
MBT3-Dock-01: Compact, portable docking station converts DisplayPort, HDMI, USB-A and RJ45 connections into a single USB-C connection.
PSC240410USBB: 4-outlet power strip with USB-A charging mounts to the side or back of a desk.
DMWP811VESAMW and DMWP811VESAMB: Magnetic dry-erase whiteboard with 100 x 100 VESA pattern mounting takes the clutter out of note-taking.
DCPU2: Rolling caddy conveniently secures a CPU under a desk.
AVR550U: Wall-mountable UPS system provides AC outlets and power protection for 8 devices.
Click here to explore Tripp Lite desktop organization solutions.