The Uptime Institute estimates that human error causes roughly 70 percent of outages in data centers today. Here's a simple solution to keep power cords from being unplugged: color-coded power cord plugs and plug inserts take the guesswork out of your data center and ensure that staff always know the priority of power connections.
- A device connected to a RED power cord plug is mission-critical and should never be unplugged
- Equipment connected to a YELLOW power cord plug should not be unplugged without management confirmation. The device may be mission-critical with a redundant power supply, allowing one input cord to be disconnected as long as the other is still connected.
- A device connected to a GREEN power cord plug is not mission-critical and can be unplugged temporarily if necessary.
- Connect computers, UPS systems, PDUs and other IT equipment to utility power with a wide assortment of power cords and adapters. Browse models.
- Looking for other cables for audio/video, storage or network applications? Visit our Cable Finder.
- Locking Power Cord Plugs from Tripp Lite
- Color-Coded Power Cord Locking Inserts