As digital signage applications continue to grow, so does the need to get high-quality content from a source to a display (or multiple displays) over long distances. This has resulted in connectivity solutions that need to be more scalable, more flexible and capable of transmitting digital signals over longer distances in the most efficient way possible… enter IP-based extender kits.
IP-based extender kits use transmitters and receivers to send signals over an existing IP network infrastructure. With over-IP transmission, audio/video signals from any source, analog or digital, can be received by any analog or digital display. These solutions can be used with multiple sources and multiple displays.
The most exciting feature of IP-based extenders is their ability to work with IGMP Ethernet switches to distribute audio/video. Multiple switches can be cascaded to increase the number of connected devices, bringing greater flexibility to your installation. IP-based solutions use Cat5e/6 cable to carry signals up to 328 ft. (100 m) from the transmitter to the switch and another 328 ft. (100 m) from the switch to the receiver.
- Send A/V signals from any source (analog or digital) to any output (analog or digital)
- Distribute A/V signals between multiple sources and displays with IGMP Ethernet switches
- Assign sources to displays manually or with Ethernet switch interface
- Transmit signals up to 328 ft. (100 m) from transmitter to Ethernet switch and up to 328 ft. (100 m) from Ethernet switch to receiver using Cat5e/6 cabling
- Capability to transmit RS-232 serial and IR control signal